Friday, January 21, 2011

2 Workouts in One Day??

Who worked out twice yesterday?! à this girl ß Oh yea, that’s right! I actually can’t even remember the last time I worked out more than once in a day… if ever! I did the 30 minutes on the elliptical when I woke up {which I mentioned in yesterday’s post} and then did 40 minutes with my Biggest Loser 2 Workout DVD. I actually thought I sold the DVD in a rummage sale that we had this summer, but I was happy to see it still sitting in the pile of stuff that didn’t sell! Haha. It was a pretty good workout, too. The DVD does a lot of the stuff that my aerobics class used to do {l-o-t-s of lunges, squats, etc.}, so that was cool. I think I will use it many more times in the future! I’m glad I found it! I’m also thankful that Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice were repeats last night or it might not have happened! I used to try and exercise when my shows were on to “kill two birds with one stone” {as Char mentioned in a comment yesterday} but I am just so sick of my elliptical right now. I was thinking about looking for a used Treadmill after I get my tax returns. At least it’s something different. Then when I get sick of that, I can go back to the elliptical, or workout DVD’s. I also think the treadmill would be a good tool to help with my Couch to 5K goal. You can’t really get the same effect on a Elliptical.

Eating also went pretty well yesterday. I have been trying to eat mainly Lean Cuisine’s or other diet meals for dinner and making the kids and Dave something separate. Yesterday my Mom fed the kids Ravioli before I got home so I didn’t even have to worry about dinner for them and Dave was already at volleyball so I was just able to warm my meal up for myself. I did end up having to share it with Brayden, my son, though because he’s like a dog when it comes to food and begs for bites every 10 seconds. {yay- less calories! Haha} Then Dave called on his way home from Volleyball and wanted me to pop in a pizza for him. When it was done, I jokingly pretended to grab for a piece and he said, “Nooo… you’re on a diet.” I’m actually glad he said something though because I’m not sure if it would have been a joke if he hadn’t. I don’t know if I would have been strong enough to not eat a piece myself. I was already justifying in my head “it’s only 150 calories.. that’s not much” even though I was already about a 100 calories over my goal already. {I snacked on some carrots and natural peanut butter with the boys as an evening snack}. But I didn’t have one, so that’s good.

And alright.. I admit it.. I weighed again this morning! {I’m addicted!!} I was happy that it was 2 lbs down from yesterday, but if you remember yesterday it was 2 lbs up out of nowhere, so I pretty much just broke even. I stepped on the scale again to see if it would change, but it stayed the same. So I’m kind of bummed, but I guess I should just be happy that the 2 spontaneous lbs came back off. I’m starting to wonder if maybe I am eating too many or too little calories for my height and weight. I have been aiming for between 1500 and 1600 calories and have been trying to exercise about 3 times a week. Any input?? Should I keep it there or go lower? Higher?

I took a water pill today and I’ll probably take one tomorrow too. I guess I’m hoping I’ll drop a quick lb or two before the Holiday party tomorrow. I’m really, truly, not going to weigh until Monday now… I promise! I still haven’t even tried my dress on yet. I bought two for last year’s Holiday party, and decided to wear the other one. So we’ll see how I look in this dress. I think I’m about the same weight, but I’m dreading putting it on. My dress is similar to the one below, but is red underneath instead of blue.


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the double work-out yesterday, Holly! Whooo hooo! I can only imagine how GREAT that felt!
    I personally though think that you are eating too many calories. I think the norm is to have 1200 calories but if you think you just can't handle that, how about 1300? Do you believe in any freebie or "negative" foods cuz I noticed that you have two cucumbers in your frig drawer and you could cut those up and snack away on them (and Lukie would sure help you with those!)and they are guilt-free!
    This weight is going to come off...I really believe you are doing it this time and are very very proud of you. Keep it up, girlie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go girl! Keep exercising like that and you'll be on your way in no time :) And I like the dress! I hope it works out for you!

    Calories are a tricky thing... everytime I've dieted before, I stick to right around 1600. Now my trainer is telling me that most American's don't eat ENOUGH calories when they diet and it actually harms them. She claims that you'll lose weight at first because of the dramatic decrease, but after about 8 weeks it will just stop. She wants me to eat at least 2000 calories a day... but I'm also on a pretty rigorous resistance training schedule... and the other thing she made sure to mention is that as long as you're eating 2000 GOOD calories, stuff with lots of nutrients, veggies, fruits, whole grains, etc, your body will use it as energy for the workouts. Empty calories that offer your body nothing... chips, crackers, white pasta, processed foods... are BAD and eating 2000 of those will not work to your advantage. I guess it makes sense but I'm still having a hard time trusting that I can eat that much and lose weight, so I've been eating about 1700 calories a day, which is what calorie counter & the biggest loser program had suggested for me.

    I also just wanted to warn you about lean cuisines and diet meals... while they are low calorie, they are FULL of sodium and chemicals. Sodium will cause you to bloat and carry around that water weight... which could certainly affect the scale. It's good to look for low calorie stuff, but it's even more important to be eating fresh foods. I usually try to steer clear of any boxed dinners or freezer items. I know it's hard when you work and have to make dinner for the boys and Dave... but maybe you could try getting the whole family on board with some meals? We eat lots of chicken, lean ground turkey, and pork chops here. Even taking chicken breast, throwing bread crumbs on it and baking them is really yummy, I'd be willing to be the kids would eat them. I'm pretty picky and I love them! Especially with baby red potatoes. {NOT russet!}

    Sorry, I don't ever want to come off as pushy or "this is the right way!", but it's good to hear as many tips as you can and make your OWN choices after that! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wrote a humungo comment, and it disappeared! Ugh! I think I will blog it instead. Take a peek!

    ReplyDelete