Friday, January 28, 2011

The Break Up

A lot has been going on the last couple of days so I didn’t have time to post. I am still, however, doing well with my eating and lifestyle change but do have plans today to go out to lunch with some friends where they have a fish fry. I have decided that I will only get two pieces of the BAKED fish {even though the fried is SOOO good} and no tartar sauce! I will still however get one or two potato pancakes and spread sour cream on top. I still have to enjoy something, right?! Then I will have a light dinner tonight to make up for the calories.

On the home front, things aren’t so well. I have only exercised once so far this week, and have been pretty stressed out about everything else. It all started when I had my phone interview with the state to see what our family would qualify for now that we only have one income. While she was going through the questions and got to Dave, she said that Unemployment has it listed that he resigned, rather than being fired. I told her that I didn’t think that was the case and that it was probably a mistake, and that I would get back to her about it. So I called Dave and talked to him about it and he basically said well he “assumed” that he was fired and that they told him after an argument he had with his manager “if you don’t like it you can leave,” but all he heard was “well then you can leave.” Then I asked how they can consider him quitting if they told him that he was “terminated” like he told me when it first happened, and he said, “well they didn’t actually SAY I was terminated, but I just assumed.” Soooooo… basically Dave DID quit and I had to find out about it through the state. I also happen to work with a girl that is dating one of Dave’s old coworkers, and she said that she heard from her boyfriend that Dave quit, too, but didn’t want to say anything to me. Awesome, huh? Seems everyone knows but me, and he STILL won’t admit it. So we basically just got into a huge argument and I ended up texting him and told him that he should find somewhere else to go because I’m done dealing with his crap.

I know I have told him that before, but I really think this needs to be it for us. We haven’t gotten along for a while, we’re not intimate anymore {my doing}, we don’t enjoy the same thing, and I didn’t and STILL don’t trust him… and probably never will. So he picked up some clothes and essential needs and went to stay at his Dad’s house. He pretty much told me that all I care about is money and now that he doesn’t have a job I just want to leave him, etc. He also said that I don’t support him and never will, yada yada.

I also called my landlord and since he didn’t answer {phew}, I left a message on his answering machine to call me because I’d like to talk to him about the rent situation because Dave and I split up and I won’t be able to afford the rent on my own. I told him I was sorry, but it was nothing that was planned and it just kind of happened. Hopefully he won’t be a jerk about it when he calls back. He kind of is a jerk, so I’m a little afraid. I just needed to do it sooner rather than later. Now I just need to think about where I’m going to go- whether I should stay in the same place so that Lukas can go to the same school and still take the school bus, who’s going to watch the boys for me now that Dave won’t be home, whether I can AFFORD to pay someone to watch the kids for me, etc. So a lot to think about, that’s for sure. And I’m sure there are many other things I need to think about that I haven’t even thought of yet.

4 comments:

  1. Holly,

    I'm very sorry to hear this news, but it seems like you made the right decision. Relationships are so difficult, and even worse when you really have nothing in common but children. If there is no honesty or trust either, the relationship is doomed I think. Sometimes it takes going back and forth several times before you finally get up the strength and courage to go it alone. It can be done; many single women have done it even with you financial situation. There are many state programs to help women these days, so make sure you take full advantage of what it out there. Good luck. I'm sure with family and friend support, you will succeed in making a better life for you and your children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all so sad but I've felt that you and Dave were unhappy for quite some time. There was a lot of tension in the air. It's never easy when a family has to split up but sometimes it's the best thing for all involved. I am here for you and I'm glad that Dave has a loving family there for him as well. Brayden will still be a big part of his life, if that's what he wants, and I just hope you both can find happiness now and peace of mind. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry girl :( That is rough... but I think you are doing the right thing! Don't be afraid to be alone, you're a strong person and can take care of these sweet boys! I hope you can get everything figured out, Dave too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping it works out. It kills me to see couples split up. But some time apart is definitely needed. Praying!

    ReplyDelete