Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Be Nice- I donated!

I got through my blood donation yesterday! It was at our sister company {which I have never been to} so I looked the directions up on Mapquest before I went. Well, apparently Mapquest didn’t find the exact address, so it just took me somewhere completely different. Of course I didn’t notice until I had actually driven to the random location that it picked so I ended up coming back to work, then talking to someone who had already gone to donate, got directions from them, and then used their directions to find it. I was 10 minutes late for my appointment but they didn’t seem to mind. Except for the lady not being able to find my vein right away and digging around for it and finally asking someone else to help her, everything went well. I’m one of those people that have to turn their head away when they’re poking me and digging with the needle otherwise I think I would get sick. I also tried picking out the most nutritious snacks that I thought they had afterwards and picked Planter’s Trail Mix Nuts & Chocolate and a V8 Vegetable Juice, even though I’m not a huge fan of tomato juice.

Eating went ok yesterday, but could have been much worse. I did end up going above my calories and probably ended the day around 1800 calories, instead of 1500, but stopped myself from a binge! I got the munchies after dinner around 7pm or so and so I had some tortilla chips and salsa, then went to look in the fridge for more. I had a couple bites of light cottage cheese, and was thinking about making myself a sandwich and whatever else I could find, but I closed the fridge and went and sat back down. I’m getting stronger! I probably shouldn’t have had the chips & salsa and light cottage cheese, but at least I was able to stop myself there and not completely ruin my day. I also didn’t weigh today, so I don’t know if I had a small gain from yesterday, stayed the same, or lost! I’ll just have to wait until Monday!

Oh.. I tried mixing the Whey Protein Powder with my Great Value Nonfat Banana Cream Pie yogurt today and it was actually pretty good. I think I’ll continue to consume it that way until I get sick of it.

I couldn’t exercise yesterday because of the blood donation but I plan on getting one in tonight. Not sure what I’ll do yet though.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, now I can comment! Did anyone else have trouble responding to Holly's blog yesterday?
    First of all, thank you for giving blood. That was very brave of you and I'm proud of you.
    I'm glad you found a way to make your vitamin mix taste better. Are you counting it in your calories?
    I'm glad you found the strength to walk away from the frig. That's so hard to do but you did it. Hooray! I really feel that you will go all the way this time. I see a determination in you that I haven't seen in quite some time.
    Now that it's tomorrow, did you get some exercise in last night? Also, did you stop weighing every day?
    Love you, Holly. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay, I am glad you fixed the comments! I tried last night but it didn't work. Great job walking away from that binge!! I know how hard that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't comment either. Glad ya fixed it!

    I just want to say, as for the evening snacking, here is what I do: try and eat supper later if possible. 5:30-6. I rest 1/2 hour and then workout. If I am hungry after my workout I'll have some sort of protein for a snack - it satisfies your hunger and repairs your muscles. The light cottage cheese was a good choice! Some other options are yogurt, string cheese, peanut butter on an apple, etc. Drink water before and after you eat to fill up that tummy. Avoid eating after 7.

    Salsa is a good choice, but be careful with the chips. Did you buy the baked kind? And if you did, stick to the serving size on the back and only have one serving. If this is too hard for you - if chips are a weakness - don't buy them at all - too tempting. A bag of light popcorn is a good alternative!

    Keep on keepin on! It will be fun to watch all of our bodies change size!!

    ReplyDelete