Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Hate Scales!

The above picture clearly illustrates how I feel towards the scale right now. We are sooo not BFF’s! Ok, maybe I didn’t do the greatest on healthy eating and exercising last week, but I still tried. I can only remember exercising once during the week, but it was for an hour and a half! I felt so proud afterwards to have exercised for that long.. and to have also had a good day of eating and staying within my calorie limit. I was sure I would have lost 1 to 2 lbs just because of that day alone! Nope- had a gain! A GAIN! I know I tell other people “you’re probably gaining muscle or retaining water” but I don’t want to believe it myself. To only have a weight loss of 1.6 is very depressing… especially after watching shows like “Biggest Loser” or “I Used to be Fat.” I know it’s not realistic to expect the kind of weight loss that they have, but still… 1.6 lbs? On the first week? I don’t mean to be crude,.. but I could take a crap for that amount of weight! Grrr… but this week is a new week and I’m going to keep trying. I’m going to try and up my exercise for the week and get in at least 3 good workouts by Sunday. So far I have one down {shoveled for an hour last night- man, was I sore by the end!} and 2 to go. I’ve also been trying to stick to around 1500 calories per day. I guess we’ll see how this week goes and see if I may need to tweak my plan a little. I think I’m also a little too obsessed with the scale right now {have been weighing every day} so I’m going to start only weighing myself once a week instead of every day. That’s going to be hard, but hopefully better for me in the long run. I have been getting really discouraged after I do well one day and don’t see a significant loss afterwards.

1 comment:

  1. It’s very effoгtleѕs to find out any topic on net as
    compaгeԁ to booκs, as I found thіs piece of ωriting
    at this web page.

    Also visit my ωeb blog - core training exercises

    ReplyDelete