Monday, January 31, 2011

Week 3 - Weigh In

Loss for the week: -2.8 lbs
Starting weight: 238.0 lbs
Current weight: 234.6 lbs
Total loss to date: 3.4 lbs
Total Percentage Lost: 1.43%

Well needless to say, I did a lot of stress eating over the weekend. I’m thankful I still had a loss at all! I did weigh in last week sometime {naughty me.. I know} and I was down to 233 lbs but then gained a couple back over the weekend. I guess Ponderosa and McDonalds will do that to you!! Who woulda thought?? I also only got one day of exercise in, and only for 30 minutes. So my goal this week is to get in at least 3 days of exercise for at least 30 minutes each… hopefully more.

Dave has been at his Dad’s house since Thursday. He stopped in on Saturday to pick up some mail and some more clothes. I’m still being strong about the whole break up. He seems to also act like this is it for us. Everything went fine until he gave Brayden a kiss and hug goodbye and then he broke down and started crying. That was rough to hear. I was in the living room while he was in the kitchen with his Dad and Brayden. Then after he put Brayden down he said “I’m ready!” And they left. I was at least able to hold my tears until they left. I think that is what makes me sad the most, is that he’s going to really miss Brayden. I hope he continues to see him on the weekends or whenever he can though. He said he might be able to still fix my car on Friday or Saturday of this week {my thermostat is broken} and asked if he could take Brayden back with him and then have me pick him up on Sunday. I think I’ll be a little nervous about Brayden going there without me, but at least his Dad and possibly Grandma will be there to help him take care of him. I just feel like sometimes Dave doesn’t watch him as closely as he should. And now I also have to think of a way to explain to Lukas why Dave is going to take Brayden with him and not him. He still calls him Dad and everything, and loves going to Grandpa’s house, so that might be a tough one for him. I think it will help though that Lukas has been seeing his real Dad, and I’ll have to explain to him that Brayden doesn’t come with him when he goes to see his real Daddy and go from there.

I also talked to the landlord on Friday and told him everything that went on. He was surprisingly pretty nice about everything and said that he knew we didn’t plan this and that I have always been pleasant to work with, etc. He said he is going to start to look for someone else to rent the place. He didn’t actually say for March 1st but I told him I wouldn’t be able to pay the rent for that month, so hopefully he’ll get a move on it.


3 comments:

  1. Great job on that big, ol' weight loss. I'm proud of you. And you're so strong, too.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the weight loss!!

    So sad to hear the Brayden/David story. :( I hope it works out for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get that extra few pounds off and then a chunk more...just wait and see.
    When I heard Dave sobbing in the kitchen after hugging Brayden I could hardly hold it in myself. The situation is so sad but from what I've seen and by what you've told me (and Dave himself at times)..it seems like parting was a necessary thing. I'm sure Brayden will grow up knowing his Daddy..if that's what Dave wants and that seems to be the case. Jeff sure came into Lukie's life at the right time but I know Lukas loved his Daddy Dave and will miss him. It's so sad when families break up but sometimes it's for the best.

    ReplyDelete