Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Binge

Yesterday was NOT a good day. Everything was going fine until I got home from work. This is the time that seems to be my biggest challenge. I made myself a Boca Burger for dinner on a Thin Bun with ketchup, mustard, and sweet relish {delish!} and then had two pieces of the pizza that I made for Dave and the boys. I was going to stop there and would have still been within my calorie limit if I had, but then I got out the Pringles {and counted out 16 chips for one serving}. Of course I had to dip them in sour cream {at least it was light sour cream}. The type of Pringles I have are the Extreme Guacamole ones and they’re pretty spicy, and weren’t satisfying my salty craving, so I got out Dave’s Frito Scoops. Even before I started eating those I told myself if I stopped here I would still be within my calorie limit or maybe a little over… but I ignored my thoughts and I ate one, then two, and I was a goner from there. So… after the Frito Scoops came a granola bar, a Little Debbie cup cake, some pretzel sticks with peanut butter and jelly, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and some peanuts… followed by more Pringles dipped in sour cream, even though I really don’t care for them too much. I then proceeded to text Dave and asked him to pick up the new BK Stuffed Steakhouse Burger and a small fry on his way home. I finished my binge-athon with that at right around 10pm. {p.s. the burger was burnt, too spicy, and probably the worst burger I have had in a long time, but I ate all but one bite}. Oh, and I also got rid of everything by visiting the porcelain throne, not once, not twice, but three times in between all of this pandemonium. So to give a quick recap of my night- I pretty much ate from 6pm to 10pm. I was so disappointed in myself. I don’t know why I didn’t just put the Fritos back. I need to figure out what made me get to that point. Was it the Pringles? Because I wasn’t satisfied with them? Or was it the sour cream since I didn’t measure out how much of it I had? I really don’t know, but I hope that is the last time that happens! And with everything I had… it didn’t even seem like it did the trick or satisfied my craving. Nothing was like, “Oh this is delicious.” But I kept on just shoveling it in! Ugh! So disgusting! And of course I didn’t get off of my butt to exercise at all. I feel like after binging it’s just a waste of effort. So, today is a new day. I did have a weight loss of 1.2 lbs, but I did it the wrong way. So I’m not even proud of it. Here’s to hoping today will be a better day.

3 comments:

  1. Hi daughter dear....well, you started right in again dieting today and that's what counts! I've been exactly where you were yesterday and it is emotional eating, sweetie. You're going through a tough time right now and food has been a comfort for a long time...but now it's time to say goodbye to that...or find foods that are freebies that you can have and not feel guilty about.
    FOOD = MISERY....sometimes when I repeat that when I want to stuff myself, it really does help me to walk away...but....the best advice I can give you is to pray pray pray with all your might that you will succeed this time...and you WILL.
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly! I am SO excited that you are starting this weight loss blog, and more importantly a weight loss journey!!! Even though we are so far apart, we are very close in weight and have the same goal weight!! I think we can keep each other accountable and encouraged through this :)

    I can totally relate to this post. I don't know if you read my recent one about cheat days, but it pretty much went like this. I ate way to much food and none of it even tasted that good.

    A huge craving satisfier is carrot sticks and dip. Whenever I get that salty crunchy craving, I whip out my baby carrots and 2 T of ft free ranch dressing. It usually does the trick... but even if I'm still feeling weak after that work out!! The endorphins released should help, you won't be bored, AND if you're like me, you won't want to screw up all the hard work you did by eating :) I honestly think one of the most important things to avoiding binges is staying busy. I have a tendency to eat too much and snack too much when I'm bored!

    I hope to see you blogging often :) It really does help! You CAN absolutely do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Love the photo...great minds think alike! =)Thanks for stopping by my blog...following you back.

    ReplyDelete